No Rest - Dry the River
Connection between music/lyrics and visuals
Listen to the track with your eyes closed. First the music:
What are the emotions it stirs?
Listen to the track with your eyes closed. First the music:
What are the emotions it stirs?
It makes me feel extremely serine and calm like i'm floating on air without a care in the world.However this soon changes when you realize what he is singing about, i then become quite depressed and empathetic.
What do you visualise?
What do you visualise?
I visualize a man walking on clouds tip toeing through the air then touching the sunlight then as the chorus comes up i imagine him falling through the sky to be swallowed up by the earth. the clouds representing the time he was with her and felt as light as air without any troubles however when hes falling it represents the fact everything is broken and his troubles have only just begun. He is then swallowed by the earth to come out somewhere that is full of misery and hate almost like hell where he becomes bitter and unforgiving to the girl
What images are conjured up in your mind when you hear the song?
What images are conjured up in your mind when you hear the song?
i get images of stars and pink skies, clouds and grassy fields. I imagine the scenery almost like heaven somewhere separate from this world where physics doesn't apply.
How do you picture the music video?
I picture a close up of a mans eyes opening gradually zooming out into a medium close up of him sitting up to find himself in a beautiful paradise lead by a tracking shot of him walking through the sky where he falls through one of the clouds.(green screen). We then see him falling through the sky following his movements which close up looks really slow then when given a long shot is show to zoom through the sky followed by a medium long shot of him falling into the ground.It then goes completely black with him floating in what seems to be his own regrets with projected videos of the time he spent with his ex girlfriend.
What did others say about their ideas for a music video? Which did you like the best?
What did others say about their ideas for a music video? Which did you like the best?
a man walking through a maze with thornes sticking out of it and then it contrasts to scenes of the band singing. Then throughout the music video these two scenes keep changing to show the journey of love that he went through.
-emma
in Spain or a foreign town. There is a tracking shot of the lead singer walking away from the camera. He then leads to a beach, and sings to the camera. There are flashbacks of his past relationship. A grey filter is used over the shots of him walking down the Beach, but brighter colours on the flashbacks. This reflects on his emotions. The brighter days were the ones he spent with her. At then end of the music video he lays flat on the sand, she then comes and lays next to him, and the grey filter is remove, and brighter colours appear.- sarah
I could see at first a close-up shot of a vocalist's face, with a background of the sky behind him, and the camera slowly spiraling around away from him as he sings. Then I could see the band float in, all floating in the sky with moonwalk-like movement and playing their instruments in slow-motion behind the vocalist. - George
I think my favorite idea would be Georges mainly because he also had the idea of floating and abnormalities.
"No Rest"
I used to be a king alone
Like Solomon or Rehoboam
And in the eaves, the Corvidae
Did jealous keep my picture frames
And everything did oxidate in place.
But then you came, a single cell
With astrolabe and carousel
And algebra and symmetry
And none of this was lost on me
And I could see how still I’d been before
If I don’t eat, I don’t sleep at all
Like limbs in procession,
Like so many birds
Stampeding like oxen,
Our hearts are a herd
I loved you in the best
I loved you in the best way possible
I loved you in the best
Did you see the light in my heart?
Did you see the sweat on my brow?
Did you see the fear in my heart?
Did you see me bleeding out?
I loved you in the best
I loved you in the best way possible
I loved you in the best way possible
I loved you in the best way possible
I loved you in the best…
Like Solomon or Rehoboam
And in the eaves, the Corvidae
Did jealous keep my picture frames
And everything did oxidate in place.
But then you came, a single cell
With astrolabe and carousel
And algebra and symmetry
And none of this was lost on me
And I could see how still I’d been before
If I don’t eat, I don’t sleep at all
Like limbs in procession,
Like so many birds
Stampeding like oxen,
Our hearts are a herd
I loved you in the best
I loved you in the best way possible
I loved you in the best
Did you see the light in my heart?
Did you see the sweat on my brow?
Did you see the fear in my heart?
Did you see me bleeding out?
I loved you in the best
I loved you in the best way possible
I loved you in the best way possible
I loved you in the best way possible
I loved you in the best…